One of the most effective ways to gain power over OCD and get super determined to “Boss it Back” is to get an Accountability Partner. Accountability breeds determination!
First figure out who you want to be, and what it is you want to change or achieve. In 2016, I’m going to try out something new. Instead of setting New Year’s resolutions, that I end up drifting from, I’m going to use this blueprint and review it every 90 days with my Accountability Partners:
DESIGN YOUR LIFE BLUEPRINT
- The Purpose of my life is…
- My outer mission is…
- My inner mission is…
- The highest values I live and make decisions by are…
- My top goals for the next 90 days concerning health, spirituality, relationships, business and adventure….
- Books or podcasts I will use to enrich my life…
- Morning and evening habits I will stop or start.
- Daily routines will include…(e.g., Gratitude exercise, meditation, physical exercise.)
SHARE WITH AN ACCOUNTABILITY PARTNER
Once you have the details of your blueprint it’s important to share it with someone. That person is called an Accountability Partner. When choosing a partner or partners:
- Look for someone who will challenge you but not condemn you. Accountability is not forced but chosen.
- Pick someone who is emotionally resilient and positive. You want someone who won’t accept excuses, will ask hard questions but won’t belittle or give up on you.
- It’s helpful to pick someone who has had some success in the areas you are working on. You want someone who can help problem-solve.
- It’s actually a good idea to find more than one partner.
- As a team or individually talk at least online weekly and meet every 90 days.
- When you talk with your Accountability Partner, BE HONEST!
Cheers to “Bossing it Back” stronger and faster than ever before!